Sikh Gurdwara Visit

I recently brought a class of my University's students to the Sikh Gurdwara(Temple) as an introduction to Sikhism. Many of them had never heard about the religion before. I gave them a mini-lecture as I guided them through the temple on a tour. I made them take off their shoes, wash their hands, cover their heads and even eat langar(free-kitchen). For my non-Sikh readers, 'Langar' translates to free kitchen. As Sikhs, in every temple, we provide free-kitchen or free food to anyone who visits our temple. As everyone, no matter what race or religion, is welcome to a Sikh temple, no one would go hungry. Therefore even you can go into a Sikh temple, with your head covered, to have a meal.

Anyways, the visit was a success. I was not in this class btw. My previous class' professor mentioned that he'd love such a tour and I volunteered thinking why not. Here are some pictures.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Aristotle & I
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates