chinese.

Today I watched this movie 'Dark Matter'. It's about how a Chinese dude came from Shanghai to the states to study. He was preparing his PhD thesis and prepared a breakthrough project. It was so good that it was better than his Professor's very own thesis. His Professor got jealous at his brilliance that he denied and shut his thesis out. The Chinese dude eventually failed this grad school. Movie ended with the Chinese dude shooting his professor and the professor panel. (I think it was based on a true story that happened in the USA).

Anyways, what stood out the most from that movie was when couple of them Chinese boys were discussing the American thinking. They said, to climb a mountain one would say I need new hiking shoes; to paint you need a new set of colors; etc. which made sense. The Chinese way of thinking is very rooted, simple and focused. Didn't think I would say that but made me think of my life in Singapore and yet again.. how we're..I am blessed.

2 comments:

21 April 2009 at 13:00 -miss sukhi ji- said...

ugh. i hope tts nt a true story.
wat happen 2 ur scribble box?? x

22 April 2009 at 16:03 Kang said...

it is true. it is working.

Post a Comment

 

© Aristotle & I
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates