iPhone.

The new iPhone!
How am I convinced that it's rolling out in the next two weeks?
(Note: None of this is accurate as I'm merely guessing.)

1. Best Buy and other major cellphone companies both in the U.S. and Taiwan etc have reported a shortage in iPhone 3G stock.

2. Parts for the new iPhone have been reportedly started shipping to Taiwan, etc. I've seen pics of the frame(casing). The new iPhone has rumoured to have a Matte finish on the back in comparison to the current polished plastic. Here's a pic:



BUT

I was talking to my uncle and he came up with this theory.
Why would Apple launch the new design now? In the business mindset, they would launch the OS 3.0 as announced June 12th. Then put the new OS in the current iPhone 3G and sell as many of the remaining iPhone 3G's in stock to the public untill their stock really really runs out. When that's done and they've made as much money as they can out of the remaining iPhone 3G stock. Then BOOM! They launch the new iPhone design with the new OS 3.0 installed in it.

Makes sense right? So as much as I'm excited about the new phone. My uncle's and my prediction is:

New OS 3.0 launch - June 12.
Newly Designed iPhone - August-ish.

but hey, those of us who've been patient for the new design.. what is another month or two innit. ;)

p.s: Hold your horses Jag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Aristotle & I
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates